By connecting college students to the homeless efforts in the rolando area, campus events and demonstrations can increase awareness and visibility. Because college students spend so much time on their social media, having these organizations create, maintain, and connect their own social media tools would be extremely beneficial. There are three main areas of how social networking can benefit homeless efforts: Visibility Networking Awareness. Having a Flickr account to update pictures is the most obvious way to increase visibility. By having a blog that has a feed to the Flickr account links people both visually and informatively. Twitter and Facebook can spread an organization’s network through friends, events, groups, fan pages and hash tags. All these can be linked to their blogs, and vice versa. Another great social networking tool, that can be utilized through these platforms is Mass Texting, where an organization can send out updates, volunteer opportunities and breaking news.
- RT @conradhackett: Warrants issued in #Ferguson last year: 25,000 People in Ferguson: 21,000 motherjones.com/politics/2014/… http://t.co/HOdgBf5Zn8 2 years ago
- RT @carwinb: Pfc. Bradley #Manning sentenced to 35 yrs (w 1294 days credit) . Reduced E-1. Forfeit of all pay & allowances. Dishonorably d… 3 years ago
- 'Addicts are normal people' medium.com/addiction-nati… 3 years ago
- When it comes to the fourth and the ninth it's just a matter of how free do you want to be? How free do you want to be? #freedom 3 years ago
- RT @IFEX: Bradley #Manning sentencing hearing gets under way aje.me/1aWEXmr via @AJEnglish 3 years ago